TO ALL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF GHANA MEMBERS WORLDWIDE: PRAY FOR THE 19TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Dear People of God,
I bring you special greetings from Kuku Hill, Osu, in the name of our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
In about two weeks from now, specifically from 16th to 22nd August 2019, we will be holding the 19th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana (PCG).
As you are aware, the General Assembly (GA) is the highest decision-making body of the Church. At the GA, Commissioners’ basic job is to assess the work of the whole Church in the previous year, and to pray and discern the will of God for the Church for the ensuing years. This is a very humbling exercise that will require the collective prayers of the whole Church. I therefore entreat all Presbyterians to pray daily (within the next two weeks) for the success of this year’s GA.
Pray specifically on the following:
1. That we will hear the voice of God more clearly in all issues that come up for discussion at the Assembly; and that the presence of God will be strong throughout the GA;
2. That the Lord will give special grace and favor to our Moderator as he moderates the proceedings of GA;
3. That the Lord will lead us to elect a new Clerk of GA who will humbly complement our Moderator in delivering his mandate;
4. That the Lord will provide all the resources (financial and otherwise) needed for the running of the Assembly;
5. That the Lord will give special grace and strength to the Planning Committee members, led by the Clerk of GA;
6. That the Lord will protect every Commissioner and Corresponding member from all harm, evil and sicknesses;
7. That the Lord will provide traveling mercies to all who attend the GA.
I am counting on you all to pray. The Lord says in Isaiah 43:18-19, “Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold I am doing a new thing, now it shall spring forth; do you not perceive it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert”. This is also the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel, “Not by might, nor by power; but by my Spirit, says the Lord of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6). Let us lift up prayers unto our Lord God for this year’s General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church of Ghana. Amen.
The Rt. Rev. Prof. J. O. Y. Mante, PhD
(Moderator of GA)